Whenever we check our social media, on the road and we always see the skin of women. We are also shown the advertisement of products that makes our skin glow but when we check the price, we take a step back.
Imagine coming across a product that is more than you can originally afford; it is frustrating, right? Guess what? You do not have to break a bank because there are some products that are really good and very affordable, ranging from N2000-5000.
When it comes to glowing skin, care needs to be taken because if you do not follow the regime religiously, you will not achieve that desired result. While working on your skin, work on the inner you; exercise, drink water, eat fruits.
READ ALSO: https://lifestyle.ng/the-ultimate-daily-skin-care-routine-for-dry-skin
There are things to note when looking for that glowing skin:
• Consult a dermatologist. There is nothing as beautiful as getting the perfect solution to your stubborn skin problems. It is the dermatologist and aesthetician’s duty to have the answers.
• Know your skin type: There are different types of skin types: Oily, Dry, Sensitive, Scaly, Combination. Knowing what skin type you have will guide you properly on the products to use.
• Read the ingredients: Consult a dermatologist to know what to look out for or avoid but if you cannot, google a product and know the ingredients instead of just walking to a store blindly.
• Do a skin patch: Use a little of a product on your wrist and watch for 48 hours. If you start itching or see any discolouration, discontinue use.
• Drink water: Whether we believe it or not, staying hydrated helps with the skin glow. Health professionals also recommend this.
• Go for a Massage: Now, many people think massages cost a lot but they are wrong. With at least ℕ10,000, you can get a massage. Once or twice a month massage is enough.
• Eat fruits: Fruits are the perfect recommendation for clear skin. They will also give you the desired results. Radiating on the inside makes you radiate on the outside.
• Stay in a cool place: I came across a tweet some time ago, where someone tweeted that before he steps down from his car, he stays inside for 10 minutes for the a/c to cool his body. He confessed that this is one of his secrets. Have you also noticed that when people travel abroad, their skin starts glowing? Try the a/c secret and you will be grateful you did.
• Do-It-Yourself (DIY): Skincare products like body scrubs and coconut oil are easy to make and can be done at home. Want to know how? Log on to YouTube and you will find videos on how to make easy and natural products for your skin type.
• Ensure your bedsheets and pillowcases are clean: It is recommended that we should change them weekly. This will prevent residue from getting into your skin and help with acne control.
• Wear Sunscreen daily: Sunscreen protects us from damaging our UV rays. Wearing sunscreen daily helps to prevent skin cancer, sunburn. When looking for the right sunscreen, choose the one with a sun-protection factor of 30-60 at least, if you spend a lot of time outside.
• Always cleanse: It is advisable that you should cleanse your face twice a day with the right cleansing product for your skin type. If a cleanser makes your face tight, stop use.
• Happiness: It is said that when you are happy, it radiates on the outside, causing a glow. To achieve happiness, first, love yourself. Even if you think you are not up to the societal standard, love yourself. Trust me, this works wonders.
If you have a skin condition, consult a dermatologist and follow their recommended skincare regime consistently.